This warm, comforting cheesy cauliflower potato casserole from the HealthyGirl Kitchen blogger is everything we could want in a gluten-free dish. For added cheesiness, stir in some vegan cheddar until melted to perfection.
What you need:
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
7 yukon gold potatoes, cubed
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 cup vegetable broth
½ cup unsweetened vegan milk
½ lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs
Fresh parsley, to garnish
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Into a high-speed blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, broth, milk, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Strain potatoes and cauliflower and add into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour cashew mixture over top and mix until combined. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve warm.